Updated as of May 11, 2023
You can browse the Sites without disclosing your identity to PedalYard or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide personal information to us, or anywhere on the Site, including third parties, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Contact information and other identifiers, including your email address, first and last name, phone number, and address (including billing and shipping address);
- Information about the number of children a user has, and the names and ages of such children (this information will be used for the sole purpose of customizing Products and Services (such as providing age-appropriate Content, including the child’s name on the Products, and name and age information needed for in person activities) and will never be released to third parties, except in accordance with a government subpoena);
- Correspondence and postings through the Site (in any media format), and correspondence sent to us;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the Sites (such as reviews, and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- Information you provide to purchase or buy a product or service;
- Financial and payment information, such as your credit card and bank account number, depending on the types of services used on our website;
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data;
- Information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your location and access times, the Website that referred you to us, the web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests, and standard web log information; and
- Your device’s precise geolocation if given permission by the user to the Site, which will be used to help operate and personalize our services.
We do not share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. However, please note that information you voluntarily provide when using our Site, our product or service, will be used for its intended purpose. Also, information that you voluntarily provide through the Site or when you leave rating or reviews, will become publicly available through the Site, or available to the party to whom you provide such information. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) on an anonymous basis to sell business intelligence and product demand information to manufacturers and wholesalers, and to improve and personalize our services.
If you no longer wish to receive our communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by using the link included in each email communication, by adjusting the settings on your account or by contacting email@example.com.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and products and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms of Service;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the Sites’ content and layout;
- Identify and invite potential new customers;
- Tell you about targeted marketing, services and promotions, service updates, promotional offers based on your communication preferences, compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- For security and to prevent fraud and monitor against theft;
- Conduct research and help us learn more about your preferences and enhance your experience
- To maintain and administer your account, establish your identity and perform other business activities as needed or described elsewhere in this Policy; and
- For use in performing various types of analytics. For example, we use information to analyze how users interact with our Site, where visitors to our Site arrive from and exit to, and gaining insights into the types of users that may be interested in our products and services.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who request these services.)
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliates);
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials or third parties, in response to a request or subpoena relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity; and
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity.
We may also share information about our customers with affiliated companies, vendors, business partners and other organizations to provide better service to you. These companies need information about you to perform their service function (such as to process and fulfill your order, verify your credit card information, and to protect you from fraud). We also share your information with specially chosen companies that help us with marketing functions (such as to manage our Internet business, maintain and manage our customer information, as well as market our products and services). We may engage vendors to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. These entities may collect certain information from you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, hardware/software information, cookie ID, IP address, etc.) when you visit our Site and use that information to provide advertisements about goods and services that are deemed to be of greater interest to you.
- Activity Associated with Your Account and Reviews, etc.
Your User ID, name, email, and/or company name may be displayed throughout PedalYard and will be available to the public if you have opted to make such information publicly available on our site. Please note that any information that you share or disclose through reviews, etc., will be publicly available.
- Cookies, local storage and web beacons
A few important things you should know about cookies and browser local storage are that:
- You are always free to decline our cookies and local storage if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Sites.
- You may erase our cookies and browser local storage files.
Most web browser applications have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of the Site.
- No spam, spyware or spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your PedalYard notification preferences so that we can communicate with you according to your preferences. You are not licensed to add other PedalYard users to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report PedalYard related spam or spoof emails to PedalYard, please forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Site is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. While we sell products and services (such as bikes) intended for use by children, and educational materials and content for parents, grandparents or other guardians to interact with their children, our Site is intended for use by adults (e.g. parents, grandparents, guardians, etc.) and not children. We will not approve applications of or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom we know to be under the age of 13. We do not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we nevertheless discover that we have received personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom we otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by requesting this via our Contact Us page. We may also collect the name and ages of children of parents and guardians for the limited purpose described in Paragraph II above.
- Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your PedalYard password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify PedalYard and change your password.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review, correct and change most of your personal information by logging into your account at PedalYard. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, no website, application or software can fully be protected from malicious software and other “hacking” activities, and third parties may unlawfully intercept, or access transmissions or private communications and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- Third Parties
This site may contain links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another site. PedalYard is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such Web sites.
We post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information such as the customer’s name. We obtain the customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
- Changes in this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions you can answer them online, you may write to us at email@example.com.
- Questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to resolve your concerns.